MARINERS FARM (CARAVAN) Ltd and Mariners Farm (Marine) Ltd trading as MARINERS FARM are totally committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. This policy
sets out how we may collect information about you, so we may then provide you with the very best
service. It also explains what lengths we go to protect your privacy and will discuss the things that
we do not do in order to safeguard confidentiality.
In accordance with GDPR as of the 25th May 2018, when you enquire or sign up to any one of our
services or if you speak to our staff, we will give you the opportunity to tell us if you do or do not wish
to receive communications about other services or products. This will normally be done on a tick box form or
on an application form or contract. You may change your mind at any time by emailing us at
1. The information we may Collect Data
We may collect personal information in a number of ways, including the following:
• when you wish to join our loyalty scheme, agree to take a service or product from us, take
part in a try a boat event, sign up for our newsletter by electronic means, i.e. social media
or on our website, in which case this may include your contact and insurance details, date
of birth, how you will pay for the product or service, or your bank details
• when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which
case this may tell us something about how you use our services
2. The use of collected data
2.1.Information you provide or we hold about you may be used by us or our agents (or both) to:
• identify you when you contact us
• assist in identifying accounts, services or products for which you may be eligible from
time to time
• carry out marketing
• help to prevent and detect fraud or loss
• contact you in any way (including mail, email or telephone) about services and products
offered by us, and selected partners. We will only contact you in this way if you have
previously indicated your consent
2.2.We may allow other people or organisations to use information we hold about you for the
purpose of providing services you have requested.
2.3.To disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in
protect the rights, property or safety of Mariners Farm (Caravan) Ltd and Mariners Farm (Marine) Ltd,
our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the
purposes of fraud protection, theft, border control and credit risk reduction.
2.4.When providing information you give us information on behalf of someone else, you
confirm that you have provided them with the information set out in this document, and that
they have not objected to the uses of their personal information described in it.
3. Security of Personal information
• we will take all reasonable, technical and organisational precautions to
prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information
• we will store all the personal data you provide on our secure server
which is password protected
• all details of financial transactions entered via our website will be
protected by encryption technology
4. The Internet
• if you communicate with us using the Internet, we may occasionally email you about our
services and products. When you first give us personal information, we will normally
give you the opportunity to say whether you would prefer us not to contact you.
However, you can always send us an email or write (at the address set out below) at
any time if you change your mind
• please remember that communications over the Internet, such as emails and web mails
(messages sent through a website) are not secure unless they have been encrypted.
5. Your Rights
• you may have the right to instruct us to provide you with any personal
information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request
• upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity,
provide all relevant data we may hold for you in the most practical
format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible
• we may withhold personal information that you request to the extent
permitted by law
• you may have the right to instruct us to no longer process your
personal data, in which case we will so as quickly as possible
• if you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold
we will do so as quickly as possible
• if you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will
do so as quickly as possible
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard
drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s
systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information. For
They are also used to help us understand your preferences based on previous or current
to help us compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer
better site experiences and tools in the future.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you
cam choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape
Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your
browser help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off,
you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and
some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the
telephone by contacting customer service.
We only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to carry out the
purpose for which it was collected.
please contact the data controller, Mariners Farm (Caravan) Ltd and Mariners Farm (Marine) Ltd, 391 Lower Rainham
Road, Gillingham, Kent, ME8 7TL (Company numbers are 07065930 and 07065235 respectively), firstname.lastname@example.org, or
+44 (0)1634 233179.